At A New Start, Inc., our drug and alcohol addiction treatment program includes group and individual therapy sessions which encourage patients to become self-aware and take responsibility for their actions.
Clients involved in our addiction treatment program learn how to:
- Identify triggers, such as people, places, and/or things
- Find and use sober supports
- Build a spiritual foundation
- Develop effective communication for ideas, feelings, and thoughts
- Establish healthy coping mechanisms
- Manage stress and anger through relaxation techniques
- Set and maintain healthy boundaries
- Process and heal from past trauma
- Understand “self-efficacy,” or one’s belief in their ability to accomplish goals and succeed in their chosen path
- Honestly reassess past experiences and drug use
- Forgive themselves
- Restore life and fulfill dreams
Our 12-Step recovery model for abuse and addiction recovery program provides patient with the knowledge and tools needed to succeed in long-term recovery. For individuals in the program seeking job placement, our staff offers job placement services.
At A New Start, Inc., our staff has experience working with substance abuse, addiction, eating disorders, sexual trauma, depressions, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Our team works with patients to develop a treatment plan to include therapies that are specific to their individual needs. Therapies available for patients include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, 12 Step Recovery Model, Motivational Interviewing and Family Systems Therapy.